For B2B companies, LinkedIn Ads present a great opportunity to achieve specific business goals through customised ad campaigns.
Once you have a LinkedIn page to begin creating a paid social media campaign, first you need to create a Campaign Manager account (if you haven’t yet).
Campaign Manager lets you set a budget, select goals and have complete control over all your campaigns.
Let’s break down LinkedIn advertising into five steps!
- Choose your objective
Every campaign starts with choosing the objective that best fits your goal. What do you want your campaign to do?
LinkedIn gives you a few options, which include:
- Awareness: Brand awareness
- Consideration: Website visits, Engagement, Video views
- Conversions: Lead generations, Website conversions, Job applications, Talent leads
- Build your target audience
As LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with currently over 870 million users all around the world, you need to narrow down the audience to who you want to target.
Start by choosing where your target audience is. Then when establishing who it is you’re going to target, LinkedIn provides a range of audience attributes and targeting categories that you can choose from.
Some examples include company name, job title, interests and age.
With so many targeting options to choose from, it can be hard to decide what will work best, so A/B testing is a great way to analyse and optimise your campaigns in order to get the best results.
On the right-hand side, while building your audience, there is a table of forecasted results that includes an estimate of the audience size and a projected number of clicks or impressions. It’s important to consider that most successful campaigns have an audience range between 60k and 400k.
Once your target audience is built you can save it to use in the future.
- Select your ad format
The different LinkedIn ad formats include:
- Sponsored Content: Reach your audience in their newsfeed with a single image, video, or carousel.
- Message Ads: Reach out directly through LinkedIn messenger to share conversion-focused messages.
- Dynamic and Text Ads: Display ads in the right sidebar of LinkedIn to drive followers, increase traffic, or highlight a new product or service.
- Set your budget
There are three budgeting options: Daily, Lifetime, and both.
By selecting both it protects you from overspending. The actual amount spent daily may vary.
You can then choose the start date and decide whether you’d like the ad to run continuously or have an end date.
After setting your budget and scheduling, you can then decide from one of the following bidding strategies:
- Maximum delivery – Get the most results possible with your full budget
- Cost cap – Get as many results as possible while staying under your desired maximum cost per result
- Manual bidding – Control your bids in the auction
- Create the ad
And finally, it’s time to create the content and set up the ad ready for launch.
There are three main components that should be considered: Imagery, Copy and Format
Things to keep in mind:
- The image must be 100×100 pixels and as a .jpg or .png file that is 2MB or smaller.
- The headline cannot be more than 25 characters and the description can be up to 75 characters.
- Don’t forget to end your ad with a clear call to action to help improve your ad’s click-through rate!
You can then track your LinkedIn advertising campaign through Campaign Manager.
If you’re interested in LinkedIn advertising or need help launching LinkedIn ads, get in touch with us today.
We have been recognized as one of the top Top Social Media Marketing Companies in the United Kingdom by DesignRush.