Increase in page views
New clients secured
Increase in unique visitors
Orchard Energy Ltd was an independent utility management consultancy based in Elland, West Yorkshire with regional offices across England and Scotland.
Faith PR worked with Orchard Energy from 2015 and was briefed to deliver a PR solution to position them as the energy broker of choice in a crowded and competitive marketplace, across a broad target audience. Orchard Energy was acquired by Kinect Energy in 2017.
Our PR activity showcased Orchard’s expertise and services to generate new business, as well as positioned them as a transparent and trustworthy broker and the go-to on everything relating to energy and water.
In 2017, Faith’s work included:
• Raising awareness of Orchard Energy and communicating its expertise and services across a wide range of key audiences to generate new business, through targeted media relations locally, regionally and nationally.
• Capitalising on the deregulation of the water market in England and Wales to make organisations aware of the changes and win new water customers, using its water expert to secure comment opportunities relating to the water deregulation and top tips pieces for businesses on how to take advantage of early negotiations.
• Supporting its recruitment drives to generate interest in job roles and highlighting the positive impact on the local economy, securing significant coverage in local papers, supplemented by advertising on LinkedIn.
• Developing and implementing a social media strategy to operate across Twitter and LinkedIn, to highlight relevant sector news, client successes, recruitment and services to target audiences and drive traffic to the website.
Faith achieved the following:
•Over the course of the campaign period, Orchard secured 160 new English water clients, as well as 41 new Scottish clients, with a total audit value of over £1 million.
• Orchard’s social media engagement experienced a significant increase, including new followers to its Twitter and LinkedIn pages.
• Regular coverage was achieved across Orchard’s key growth areas, including comment pieces, advisory pieces and news items.
• Orchard’s senior staff were seen as leaders in the field and often approached for comment in industry titles.
• Total page views on Orchard’s website increased by 79% and unique visitors by 63%.
• News and recruitment were the most visited website pages, with most traffic coming from organic searches (70%), and 10% via social media.